Forum , chat and games Roskilde Festival
news the chatgang photoalbum music links
Wristbands and stuff
A small collection of wristbands and various things
Roskilde Backstage

1997 - 2002

Roskilde Festival '99
The first chatmeeting
Chatparty Tønsberg '99
1st official chat party
(hosted by Catgirl)
Party Trelleborg '99
Fredde's party with
Dorte and Angel
Madrugada Weekend '99
Small party in Tønsberg.
Chatparty Klippan 2000
2nd official chatparty (hosted by Angel)
Easterparty 2000
3rd official chatparty.
6 days in a row
(hosted by DD and Cat)
Roskilde Festival 2000
Our 2nd year as the chatgang at RF
Easterparty 2001
A small Easterparty
in Oslo
Roskilde Festival 2001
FistCamp #02
FistCamp #03
Chatmeeting 2001
Fredde 30 party
Some of us went to Trelleborg to celebrate Fredde's 30th birthday
Madrugada Weekend '01
With a couple of sweet Swedes we went to see Madrugada again.
Whiteparty NYE 2001
Vorspiel at PJ's
Whiteparty at Erik & Lisa's on NYE 2001
Århus Weekend April'02
Cat visits Dorte & co.
17th of May Weekend
A long weekend with lots of exciting events and guests
Roskilde Festival 2002
Halloween Party 2002
Halloween Party #1
Halloween Party #2

SoWhat! 2002

Norwegian Wood 2002

Four days of music in one of Oslo's beautiful parks.

Arvika Festival 2002
OSF Camp
Oslo Synthfestival 2002
9. November at Betong
Tori Amos - Hamburg'03
A Sorta Fairytale
Norwegian Wood 2003
Saturday 14. June
Sunday 15. June
Roskilde Festival 2003

SoWhat! Camp

Arvika Festival 2003
Roskilde Festival 2004

Miscellaneous #1
Miscellaneous #2
Concerts Thurs/Fri
Concerts Sat/Sun

Roserock 2004


Arvika Festival 2002 - Oslo Synth Festival Camp
The trip down to Arvika (Sweden) was taken by train from Oslo. It's an comfortably 2 hour trip, that landed us in the centre of Arvika. The rest of the way we walked in the blazing sun. After a while we finally got our wristbands and could set camp. The weather was all nice and sunny....for a while.
I was sharing tent with Lise and Truls in Oslo Synth Festival Camp (OSF Camp). We quickly got the tents up and tried to plan a nice camp. Bad weather was closing in on us, so we had to be fast to get ready for the rain. And we managed just in time.
When the first raindrops hit the ground we were sitting nicely and dry in our tents enjoying our beers, music and eachothers company. Arvika has a policy that says "No party tents", so we didn't have a big space to gather everyone.
After little while the rain headed elsewhere and we could once again go about the tasks of building the camp. 20 - 30 people were expected to live in the camp and they were coming in during the evening. The camping area at Arvika is set on an old swamp(!!!) of all things, so the first rain had already made the ground a bit muddy.
We had covered most of the ground with tarpaulin during the rain so that our camp would be as dry as possible, and it worked out very well. When other camps was swamped in mud later on, our camp kept quite dry and nice.
We also had some neighbours to our camp that came over from time to time. The first time to get me to help them with their tent. Quite funny that 4 guys needed a girl to actually get the tent up! *Tsk tsk*
Now all we waited for was the the rest of the people to arrive to make a flagpole so that the OSF flag could be hoisted up. And at Arvika you just go out to the woods nearby and axe down an entire tree to use as a flagpole. (No party tents allowed, but you can axe down trees? Swedes are strange)
Since the concerts weren't starting until the next day, and there's not very much to do at Arvika compared to Roskilde, all we could really do was to sit in our tents and listen to music and drink beer. Not the worst thing in the world to do on a summer's night really....
It was getting really dark when the guys finally had finished chopping down a tree and could raise the flagpole. A big hole in the ground was dug out, and the tree "planted" into it. Up with the flag, and it also had a blinking siren at the top to light the way to our camp at night. Very professional if you ask me.
And here it is...
The next morning we were all excited about the days ahead of us. More music, beer and for a change - lovely weather. The sun was blistering hot and continued to stay that way for the rest of the festival. The camp was crawling with life and we had visitors at all hours of the day - and night.
The first thing we did after breakfast and beer (those being the same), we headed for Arvika city to do some serious shopping. And since the Swedes don't even have proper beer in their stores, we were off to the "Systembolaget" to buy some hard liquer. Most of the early hours of the day was spent in town before we headed back to catch the first concerts.
Once the concerts had started people were in and out of camp all day and night. I even managed to meet up with Zoid, not even knowing he would be at the festival, after a round of sms to locate eachother at the festival area. The entire evening was spent going to concerts, and a cold beer at the beer tent (yeah, they don't sell real beer at the concert area...wankers)
Life in camp was most brilliant. I even managed to stay in camp at several occasions instead of going to concerts. We were just too busy drinking slushdrinks of suspicious colorings and goofing around. Thomas (Zensor-drummer) had his very own tattoo services with a markerpen (permanent). Very stylish, I ensure you.
Everyone was very happy about the weather, and we took our time to work on our tans. More shopping trips to the city of Arvika was of course on the list as well. The rest of the time we did...nothing really..except going to concerts of course, and eating.
The food at Arvika was nowhere near the quality we're used to from Roskilde, but I heard word that the "Moose-pita" was the absolute winner of all the dishes you could get. I never got around to try it myself as I stuck with my fried noodles with chicken and prawns most of the time.(The food was a bit expensive too...)
The people in the camp mostly came from Oslo, but there were also people from Bergen who lived there.
Among the people living in OSF Camp was also several of the members of Zensor, who was playing at the festival (brilliant concert), and the "Zensor-crew".
When I arrived at Arvika there weren't many people in the camp that I knew, or had even ever met before, but after a couple of days I managed to get almost everyone's names. And after the festival we kinda ended up going out every Wednesday. All because of one evening with sushi orchestrated by Leuat (Nicolaas).
In the end of the festival we were all pretty sunburned and tired of the sun, so a make-shift sunscreen of tarpaulin that would spare our tender skin was put up.
On Saturday when the heat was getting too much (and most of us really needed a shower) we went into Arvika city and had a lovely bath in the lake before we went shopping and headed back to camp for one last night of partying and concerts.
On Saturday people started leaving the area quite early, and the place looked like such a pigsty. It's the worst I've ever seen and I was very pleased with one last bath in the lake, some shopping and then to just get on that train back to Oslo.